8.1.11

Smitten: Part 1

HEEYY!! HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 EVERYONE! I just got back from Down Under like a few hours ago. SO FUN! The best holiday I've had since forever. So yeah, I spent my New Years there and went to Sydney, Gold Coast and Brisbane.
I think if I tell you EVERYTHING I did in this post it'll take FOREVER to read so let's just keep things short and split it into parts. First'll be Sydney, then Gold Coast, then Brisbane, then, of course, the long awaited haul(YAY!)

So what about this post? Well, I decided just around 2.53 seconds ago that I'd just make this like an overview post(?) er, kinda.

Me in The Rocks, Sydney. Behind is the Harbour Bridge



Australia is suuchhhh a great place to live. Well, aside from the endless chores, no maids or drivers, and the absence of any decent Indonesian food(you know they're the best. you'll go crying for them after just 2 days of endless burgers and sandwiches), all's good. The people are really nice, places are super clean (well, toilets are... toilets.)public transport is also really good!

As for shopping... Umm, I prefer Singapore. Aside from the cheaper currency rates :p, the prices are much cheaper I think. The good stuff are usually premium priced, as if you're shopping at Topshop or something. In malls, they showcase lots of Aussie brands like Valleygirl, Supré, Cotton On, Sportsgirl, Bardot, and Forever New just to name a few. These are actually, in fact, one of the cheaper brands -___- the others are just too expensive. Supré is great for basics and bargains but not exactly the place you look for quality, just like Cotton On. Bardot and Forever New are the prettier places to shop. They have really awesome clothes in store  but when it's not on sale, you might wanna think twice. Kinda pricey. Some are worth it though! Like their dresses are really pretty. Valleygirl and Sportsgirl are great pricewise and if you really look, you might find something you like! Great collections, but I still like Bardot and Forever New better :p

Oyeah, another downside, STORES CLOSE AT 5PM WTF except for thursdays--that ONE day where stores open 'til 9PM. ONE DAY. and that's only until 9. asdfghjkl; meh. Oh, and apparently, after 8, the trains get pretty dangerous because the drunk people start to "invade". Well, they aren't really that dangerous, but for a girl, it's better to just stay away, yeah? I don't know about Brisbane and Gold Coast, but this happens in Sydney. PEOPLE GET DRUNK AT 8?! wtfikr.

Well, I guess that's it for now. Imma get myself some good earned rest. Pretty Jet-lagged HA!

3 comments:

  1. your polka dot dress is so cute. the perfect outfit to wear when travelling. i'm amazed.
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit!

    Love,
    Mika
    http://overseeingfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Mina and Mika!! (oohh similar names! i like it)
    I agree! It really is a great travel outfit. and it's light too so it wont weigh down your look or your luggage ;) I have this look in my lookbook so if you would be so kiindd as to hype it if you loved it? :p

    ReplyDelete