30.1.11

Smitten: Part 2 - Sydney + New Header

HEEYYY!! I'd like to apologize for going missing since I got home from Australia. Truth be told, I've been busy. Truth be told, I'm lying!  Hahaa~ Well, that isn't a complete lie tho... I had to catch up with a few things and had to get things done. I'm pretty free now tho :D I say 'pretty' cuz I know things are gonna get hectic again soon... OH FFFUUUUUUUU!!!!

OH! and I just made a new header. Whatcha think? I got kinda bored with my old plain georgia font text header so yeah... About time I guess. I'm also planning on making one for my love Briana over at Three Mus-kouture buutt I haven't gotten any inspiration lately... My mind is filled with mon cher atm :3 heeheee~


Aightt so as promised, my first (well, second) post will be about Sydney and my time there. Just a warning, below the jump is VERY image heavy. So for those of you reading from your phones, I don't really recommend clicking :S just wait 'til you get home ;)


BONDI BEACH WOOHOOO!!


So first day, I arrived in the Kingsford Smith (HAHA I JUST KNEW IT HAD A NAME lulz err.) International Airport veery early in the morning and was immediately greeted with something I never thought would be the first thing I'd feel--Cold Winds. Yep. In the middle of the summer. Extremely. Cold. Winds. Great. Just great~ An 18°C summer day. So yeah at first I was really pissed. Luckily, I still had my airport garb on so it kept me pretty warm. Well, 18

° isn't so cold but it was really windy so wasn't really the kinda cold I'd usually go for. We went to Chatswood Mall, had some Yum Cha (which apparently means Dim Sum) and just went back home to doze off for the rest of the day.



Second day was the Sydney tour day thing. My mom recommended that we take the Sydney Explorer bus to go to some touristy sites. We first went by ferry to the all famous Darling Harbour. The ferries are very well kept and really a great way to get around. Yyyeah I kinda forgot to take pictures in the dock we got off soo just straight to the bus tour thing kk?


Sydney Explorer Bus Stop
HAHA~ unimportant picture -__- but well, the big red bus is a double decker with an outdoor-y top. First stop: The Rocks.
I LOVE THE PLACE!! It's soo pretty. for reals. no lie. You could say its like the "Old Sydney". I read somewhere it really is where Sydney began! There are lots of cafes, chocolatiers and places to shop. You could also see the Harbor Bridge! I posted a picture of me in The Rocks with the Harbor Bridge as the background here. BEAUTIFUL sight. Here's another.
A bus stop actually... But you get to see the whole street anyway so whatevs
 After the rocks, we went all the way to Circular Quay, which is like the biggest transport terminal in Sydney with Ferries, Trains, and Busses. From Circular Quay, you get a direct view of BOTH the Harbor Bridge AND the Opera House. Nice~
Circular Quay with the Opera House in the background with mum and tash
Circular Quay with the Harbor Bridge in the background
Just the Opera House in Circular Quay
OH! and just incase any of you were wondering, my dress is from Forever 21, Zara cardigan, Kenneth Cole Reaction sandals, and a Kate Spade tote. :3

After, I went to the gorgeous Queen Victoria Building. Shopping paradise for many. Although, I prefer the Paramatta mall I think. Things are less cluttered and its not as crouded. Buuuutt you can never replace the stunning setting of QVB. I didn't actually shop there since every shop I could find was already getting ready to close down AT FIVE PM. MEHHHH.OH but outside, I saw a street artist drawing with chalk. SO COOL!
SEE! SOO COOOL! Full view for details
I had to take the train back home after because the others went back first already. I went to the Town Hall station via QVB but went outside to take a look first.

Town Hall


Oookay, this post is getting too lengthy so imma just finish it quick.

I went to the Fish Market the next day. AWESOME SASHIMI! Really! Never tasted something THAT fresh anywhere else. Oh! The outdoor tables are also by the docks so the view is really amazing!!


Oh! and LOTS of birds too :p DO NOT FEED THEM


Pretty riiight?? After the sashimi treat, its off to Bondi Beach. Oh and this is where it got really annoying. I went out bringing my jacket and stuff thinking it'll be as cold as the previous two days and guess what. SUNBURN. I GOT A SUNBURN. ITS THAT HOT!! So I didn't bring my swimming suit too to the beach and completely regretted it. MMMEEEEEEEHHH!!! and so many eye candies too... grrr

Bondi Beach is REALLY crowded. If you wanna find the trendy people, go abs+bicep hunting, young crowds, this is your go-to destination. But if you prefer a quieter beach, this is definitely NOT where you should go to.
See what I mean?
The shopping arcades in Bondi


After, we went to the outlet mall called Birkenhead Point which has outlet shops of high-end brands like Hugo Boss and Oroton to the more trendy shops like Valleygirl and Forever New. Pretty great discounts too! OH! and GREAT view. Really. Even from the bathroom -__-

SEEE!! this was taken from the ladies bathroom -___-"
Blue mountain is just meh for me. Nothin special really. So imma just skip that. Tell me if you wanna see  the panorama of it.

I spent New Year's Eve in Circular Quay. VERY crowded. I could barely see anything. But the 12o'clock fireworks were simply breathtaking.
Crowd at approx. 7.30PM
Okay so I have no more pictures of Sydney with me soo that's it for the pictures.

OH! I also went to Paddy's market but didn't really find anything special 'cept for a few stuff. I'll write more on the haul post later on.

Overall, Sydney is a very beautiful place to live in. Pretty pricey though... ($2.50 water wtf)Shopping in Sydney is way better than shopping anywhere else in Australia sooo yepp :D but I heard Melbourne's fashion scene is also really growing! Aside from that, sightseeing, long walks, and just goofin around in the city is really great! Everyone is really friendly and the city is also well kept. I could say I liked Sydney the most out of the whole trip. I REALLY HOPE I COULD GO TO UNI THEERREEE!! COFAAAAAAAAAAA!!!


I think that's a pretty long post. I should wrap it up here and just stay tuned to the next smitten post ;) Bye byee~



2 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos. And I love your dress.xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete